jpeg2RAW Photo Contest
Each month, jpeg2RAW holds a Photo Contest or Photo Challenge. The purpose of these contest/challenges is to encourage people to get out and shoot and to seek continued improvement. Anyone can enter, but you do have to follow a few rules:
Monthly Photo Contest Rules
- Contest starts the first day of each month
- One entry per person.
- Image should be in good taste (ie, PG-13 or less, nothing obviously offensive)
- Image must be taken during the month of the contest.
- Photographer retains copyright, but grants jpeg2RAW the right to post on our Facebook Group, Facebook Page, the Podcast, other social sites used by jpeg2RAW and our websites in a blog post. In each use, photo credit will be given to photographer.
- At the end of the month, the admins will pick 3 images as the finalist.
- These 3 images will then be scored on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best) in the following categories (subject to change, based on the monthly theme:
- Technical (focus, WB, exposure, etc)
- Use of the theme or Creativity (depending on the topic for the month)
- Overall (double weighted)
- Image with the highest total score will win
- Images may be displayed during a podcast and/or will be included in a blog/forum post on the jpeg2RAW website with photo credit to the photographer.
- Winner will receive the following:
- Be the new cover photo of the Group
- Pick the next month’s theme (example: Feb winner picks April theme), unless it is an open theme
cover image by Gina Parry
All rules subject to change without notice.